Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Posani: 'I will pull Chiranjeevi's collar'


Chilakaluripet: That script writer, actor and director Posani Krishna Murali is a maverick is an understatement. A “good friend” of mega star Chiranjeevi, he joined the Prajarajyam Party and subsequently was rewarded with Chilakaluripet assembly ticket in his home district of Guntur. Strangely enough, the eccentric director is giving a tough time to his own party cadre. On Day One of his campaign, he had a curt message to party cadre: “I am not going to pay anything to you for trailing me. I cannot even provide you food or liquor. Come along with me only if you want to see Chiranjeevi as CM or get lost!”

“Dabbulu adigina vadu, tisukuni pracharam chese vadu iddaru vedhavalu (Those who ask for money and those who take money are idiots),” he said. Shocked party leaders tried to reason with him in vain that some party workers are really poor.

“I will pull Chiranjeevi’s collar if he asks me to distribute money,” the actorpolitician said much to the chargin of the cadres.

The other day, Posani was all fire and brimstone at media persons for asking him about his roots. “Is Chilakaluripet located in Pakistan? Am I not living in India? Who is local and who is non-local? Naidu wins election from Kuppam and resides in Hyderabad. YSR wins elections from Kadapa and stays in Hyderabad. Are they locals?” he thundered.

Then, it was the turn of the local leaders. When one asked him about his “availability” in the constituency after the election, his shocking reply was: “I will always be available on my mobile except when I am eating, am with my wif, and when I am writing my scripts.”

During his campaign, Posani went into a Dalit colony and asked the women who were on their way to attend nature’s call. “Have you ever seen the wives of MLAs, MPs and CMs going behind bushes like you?” he asked. The women, who did not take kindly to his remarks, reportedly chased him from the village. He later clarified that he wanted to promise them that he would construct toilets for women.

Unable to digest Posani’s unending barbs, state Yuvarajyam secretary Kasa Rama Srinu quit the party.

No comments: