Thursday, August 19, 2010

Balineni openly supports Jagan

Rosaiah called Minister for Mines and Geology Balineni Srinivasa Reddy and told him not to participate in the Odarpu Yatra of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in Prakasam district, scheduled from September 3, as the Congress high command was totally against the yatra. “I have been asked by Ahmed Patel to convey to you that participating in the Odarpu Yatra amounts to defying the high command. It will risk your position in the Cabinet,” Rosaiah told Balineni, in a rather threatening tone.

However, Balineni said he cared two hoots for the threat. “I am not after positions or posts. I don’t care losing by ministerial berth. I told Rosaiah that I will support Jagan and make the Odarpu Yatra a grand success,” he told the media. Interestingly, Balineni remained silent, when the entire Cabinet which met in the evening resolved to abide by the high command’s decision on the Odarpu Yatra.

No comments: